Thursday, July 19, 2012

Double the brunch

Sorry for the absence in posting, but there hasn't been an absence of eating out in new and familiar places. It's the last week of holidays and I've finally decided to post about the places we ventured out to during our first week off.

It was a day filled with vintage clothing and me pointing out that The Block filmed here and there (in which I received many "shut up charlene!" remarks). Along with filling my wardrobe with pieces of clothing that we're pre-loved, I was filling up my belly!

We started off with breakfast at Olive's at 8am (or what I like to refer to as "Breakfast At Tiffany's"), last trisome breakfast for awhile, as that night she was to jet off to Europe. We whipped up blueberry pancakes, she made us a last cup of frothy cap and some nice Green Almond Tea. We shared our last hugs and goodbyes. Miss you dearly Olive!

Then Marija and I met up with Alenka and Yags to head off to the city for brunch (yes we ate a lot this day...), I kept urging us to go Madame Sousou and the tram stopped right in front of it!


It had very quirky decor, with a wall of wine and walls covered in mostly betty-boopish paintings. It was a very inviting and warm environment.




The breakfast menu had all the classics and all sounded delicious but both me and lenka opted for the Ceufs Van Dieman which consists of poached eggs on an English muffin with Tasmanian smoked salmon and tarragon hollandaise sauce.

Ceufs Van Dieman

It tasted absolutely delicious! The eggs were cooked to perfection, with the yolk oozing out once punctured. The hollandaise sauce was well balanced and not overly tangy. One of my favourite combinations for breakfast!

Marija ordered the Ceufs Florentine consisting of poached eggs on a English muffin with spinach and tarragon hollandaise sauce. They were gone faster than I could pick up my cutlery!

Ceufs Florentine

Finally, yags opted for something sweet -  the French Crepes with banana and hazelnut praline cream. I got a taste of the hazelnut praline cream and it was incredibly delicious! It tasted just like Ferrero rocher and there was a generous scoop of it too!

French Crepes with banana and hazelnut praline cream

Overall, Madame Sousou was a real treat. It is very affordable, lovely atmosphere and most importantly - delicious food! Will definitely visit again!

Madame Sousou on Urbanspoon

It was approaching late afternoon and we found ourselves wandering with a very empty stomach. And after two breakfast, we thought why not have some greasy goodness! We headed down to Chapel Street and went straight to Soda Rock Diner. I had the chilli fries with chilli con carne and cheese (which I wish they were more generous with) and I stupidly ordered it in "hot" instead of mild thinking it would go down better...boy was I wrong. It was nice but would definitely go for mild next time!




I would definitely come back to Soda Rock for a casual lunch and maybe try the "hop" burger next time!

Soda Rock Diner on Urbanspoon

Until the next meal,
Char!

No comments:

Post a Comment